Stefano's Lobster Roll
Suggested material offered in store
2 live lobsters, each about 1 to 1 1/4 pound
2 to 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
1 tsp. lemon zest
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp. chopped chives
2 tsp. chopped capers
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
4 hot dog buns
4 tbsp. melted butter
4 large lettuce leaves, such as Boston Bibb
1 hard cooked egg, peeled and chopped (optional)
Dill pickles, lemon wedges, potato chips, for serving (optional)
1. Add lobster to a large stock pot of salted boiling water. Cover. Cook until meat is just cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes, depending on size.
2. Plunge into an ice bath or rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain well and pat dry.
3. When the lobsters are cool enough to handle, break the shell and remove the lobster meat.
4. Chop the lobster meat into 1/2-inch pieces. Set aside.
5. In a medium bowl, add mayonnaise, lemon zest, lemon juice, chives and capers. Stir to combine. Add chopped lobster meat. Toss to combine. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
6. Brush buns with melted butter. Grill or toast buns under the broiler until golden brown.
7.Add lettuce to buns and fill with lobster mixture. Top with chopped egg, if desired. Serve with dill pickle, lemon wedge and potato chips.
Back to the recipes list